WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION
Understanding & Supporting Mental Health
WNCA EDUCATION DAY
Saturday, March 7 • 8:30am – 3:00pm
Abernethy Laurels in Newton NC
Join colleagues and friends from across the WNCA for our annual Spring Education Day. This year’s education day is focused on the UCC’s WISE (Welcoming, Inclusive, Supportive, Engaged congregations for Mental Health) initiative. What would it mean for the WNCA to become a WISE association?
This rich day of training will include —
- a keynote address from The Rev. Amy Petré Hill of the UCC Mental Health Network
Learn how to become WISE: A Welcoming, Inclusive, Supportive, and Engaged faith community offering radical belonging with those living with mental health challenges, brain differences, and substance use disorders. Using a ten‐step approach, we will cover the history of the WISE Congregation program, discuss the opportunities for spiritual and membership growth through WISE certification, and share practical advice on how to overcome common challenges and emerge WISE about mental health.
The Rev. Amy Petré Hill is the Minister of Mental Health and Inclusion at Mountain View United Church in Aurora, Colorado, and the first UCC minister ordained to mental health and inclusion ministry in a congregation. She previously worked as a disability rights attorney, spiritual advisor to the Voices for Veterans Mental Health Council of Eastern Colorado, and a chaplain intern at a Colorado state psychiatric hospital. She is a certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor, NAMI Group Facilitator, Soul Shop for Congregations trainer, and currently serves on the United Church of Christ Mental Health Network Board.
- workshop opportunities focusing on a broad range of mental health topics
- worship that celebrates our common desire to be God’s hands and heart in a hurting world
- and, as always, morning refreshments and lunch.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: $15
Register by February 23 for just $15 per person
— or $10 per person when registering three or more from the same church
REGULAR REGISTRATION: $20
Register by March 1 for $20 per person
— or $15 per person when registering three or more from the same church
LATE REGISTRATION AFTER MARCH 1: $25 but lunch cannot be guaranteed
While registrations will be accepted after March 1 for $25 per person, lunch cannot be assured
Advance registration ends on March 1!
— IMPORTANT —
- WNCA prefers online registration as it saves considerable staff time.
- If your church prefers to send a check, you may choose the eCheck payment option or indicate you will be mailing a check. However, mailed checks must be postmarked by the deadline to receive the relevant discount.
- Registrations may be mailed with full payment. Payment that includes a discount must be postmarked by the deadline to receive the relevant discount.
- The Association office cannot accept registrations over the phone.
- Vegetarian and vegan lunch options will be available.