Over 140 attendees representing two-thirds of WNCA churches gathered at Abernethy Laurels for the WNCA Annual Meeting. With worship interwoven throughout the day, the morning offered educational presentations and music from Mt. Hope UCC’s choir and musicians, while the afternoon included the annual business meeting and election of new leaders. A few highlights —
- Those present gave $1,503.65 in offering to Florence recovery efforts — twice the usual offering collected at previous meetings — and churches brought 182 Clean-Up Buckets for the Southern Conference Florence Clean-Up campaign
- WNCA launched an ongoing Disaster Response Task Force — and you can participate
- We celebrated that 36 of our 65 churches have paid 100% or more their 2018 dues — click here to see where your church stands — and the seven churches that have so far contributed $1,400 toward the 2018 salary supplement for our Minister of Church Affairs voted at the 2017 annual meeting
- Presenters addressed three important topics: sustainability, doing new things in worship, and serving the community. The Rev. Dr. Nancy Ellett Allison has shared her Sustainability slide deck, and recommends the book Faithful Metrics: a field guide to measuring ministry without missing the moments by Peggy Hahn (published by waytolead.org).
- We welcomed ReNewal Fellowship, led by The Rev. Roger Billingsley-Hayes, as a member congregation.
- The Association passed the 2019 budget, and applauded The Rev. Dr. Edward Davis for finding a way to restore the salaries of Ministers for Church Affairs to their previous levels.
- The body also passed a modest bylaws change, and elected a slate of new leaders.
- Participants received info to take back to their churches — and the PDF version is here
Visit the Annual Meeting page to view meeting documents — including the budget and elected nominations slate. And mark your calendar now for two 2019 events: the March 2 WNCA Education Day and the October 5 Annual Meeting — both of which will be held at Abernethy Laurels.